Sixth Grade:
This week we begin our study of Egypt! On Monday the students will watch a short video clip of a journey down the Nile River and we will discuss the importance of the river in this civilization. We will talk about the gifts of the Nile River and get an overview of the history of the Egyptian Civilization.
REMINDER: Students should have a set of their own colored pencils they bring to class each day. I do have some class sets, but the students have not been taking care of them, and I may have to remove them if it does not improve. Please ensure your student has colored pencils to bring to class each day. If this is not financially possible, please email me and let me know. I have some donations I can share.
Seventh Grade:
This week we will begin our discussion of West Africa. We will be specifically focusing on the Kingdoms of Ghana and Mali. The students will begin with a discussion of the geography of Africa, the difficulty of crossing the Sahara Desert, and why people would make this dangerous journey during the middle ages.
PARENT HOURS:
There are a few things I could use for our classroom and for an upcoming fundraiser.
1. $5 gift cards to Jamba Juice, Big Spoon, or Coldstone for student of the month awards
2. Regular size file folders for portfolio storage
3. Your left over Halloween candy: 1 gallon size ziploc bag=1 hour. (please no eyeballs or scary candy.)
l